Scope of Service
1. Home visit service (only in Bangkok) for patients with following criteria:
1.1 Patients are diagnosed with schizophrenia for the first time and admitted to the hospital.
1.2 Patients present with complex problems and are re-admitted to the hospital prior to doctor's appointment.
2. Mental health care services for mental health crisis in the catchment areas appointed to the institute.
3 Network development services, both in and outside the institute, on knowledge, skills, and positive attitudes toward mental health and psychiatry.
1. To track patients with complex problems while living in the community by staff of the institute and local area networks.
2 To be mentor and adviser of mental health network including continuous development of mental health personnel aptitude to provide care for psychiatric patients.
3 To be a place for medical placement and training for psychiatric residency, psychiatric nurses and interested person.
1. Schizophrenic patients with complex problems, requiring care by community network (available only in Bangkok).
2. Staff of the institute
3 Health service network in the catchment area of seven provinces (Bangkok, Chonburi, Rayong, Chanthaburi, Trat, Chachoengsao, Pathum Thani and Samut Prakan) >> Download List of hospitals providing mental health and psychiatry service.
4. Health department network, Bureau of Medicine, Bangkok takes a lead.
5 Staff with interest in academic work related to community psychiatry.
Download Assessment on potential medical life-threatening conditions for psychiatric patients before referring to Somdet Chaopraya Institute of Psychiatry.
Department of Psychiatry and Community Mental Health, 6th floor, 100 year- psychiatry building.
Tel: 02-442-2500 ext 59195, 59197
Other Means of Communication:
1. E - mail, MSN: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wards are divided into
- Special male/female ward.
- Ordinary male/female ward.
- Elderly male/female ward.
Items with which patients need to bring when being institutionalized:
1 Daily use items such as soap, toothpaste, powder, comb, slippers and disposable razors (men).
2. Pocket money for patients to buy food/snack from grocery stores in the hospital.
How to claim payment for treatment:
1. Related documents needed for claiming payment:
- Identity card (valid) or
- House Registration of the patient .